This is our take on how the organisation’s values and culture impact the employee experience and the customer experience.
Could fear in a team be the real reason for their ‘poor performance’?
Leaders often find themselves getting frustrated when team members:
- seem to need the manager to make all the decisions
- wait for the manager to tell them what to do
- only do exactly what the manager tells them to do
- don’t appear to show any initiative
- don’t appear to make suggestions or come up with ideas
When it comes to employee surveys “now is not the right time” is a phrase we’ve heard a few times recently. Everyone’s busy right, dealing with the crisis?
Well, a lot has been written about the impact Covid-19 is having on mental health and wellbeing in general (so I’ll not repeat it here), but the most forward thinking employers are making the effort to find out how all of their busy, under pressure, isolated, stressed people are feeling.
If you want to change your culture then you need to change the way your leaders behave.